Friday 19 June 2009

2 firecrest and a 2.1

This morning Sam and I checked out a firecrest hotspot in the new forest and came up trumps with views of 2 after less than 20mins searching. One came very close but in bad light and the 1/15th of a second shutter speed does the bird no justice..
After this we headed to a different spot to see our friendly wood warbler which came to slightly better perches this time, but still not the shot I'm after - a third visit is needed..
Also here a stunning hornet, these really are wonderful things - even though I'm scared of them..and a common frog:In addition to this, I got the results for my biology degree today - a 2.1 which I am relieved and very happy with!

Right, back to the pub.. :-)

Dan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dan!

I hope you are going to do something connected to Biology now you've got an excellent degree, as it would be a shame to waste your interest and obvious talent!

And will we lose you from Hampshire?

Daniel Trim said...

Thank you :-),

I am going into clinical research to see if I like that first as I have a job waiting already and keeping the photography/wildlife as a hobby for now - but who knows where I'l end up...

Unfortuntly I will be leaving Hampshire :-(, but I love it down here and will be making regular day trips when I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read the blog, :-)

Dan