Sunday 22 February 2009

wild Goose chase and jeep club

I was going to a place near Sevenoaks in Kent today to meet with my dad and go off-roading in our crazily customised jeep wrangler. I thought I would set off early and pop in and see the White-fronted geese at Tundry Pond in north Hampshire on route.

Was a bit of a struggle to find access to Tundry Pond as I don’t know the area. I’m still not sure if I was aloud to be there but I got nice views of the white-fronted and Egyptian geese:
WFG:Nice comparison between 2 of WF and a Greylag:EG:Finally what I was going out for in the first place. Had a great time off-roading, taking the jeep through some very deep muddy pools, I took it round the course once which was great but jumped out whilst my dad went round and took some pics:I know it’s not wildlife by hey ho; it’s still going on the blog as it was great fun!

Dan.

3 comments:

Ashley Howe said...

cracking birds them geese, check out my blog the3birdersdiary.blogspot.com

Ashley
ginge_meister@hotmail.co.uk

Unknown said...

Hello! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about jeep in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about jeep. Keep it up! This is a good read.
The Jeep has been widely imitated around the world, including in France by Delahaye and by Hotchkiss et Cie (after 1954, Hotchkiss manufactured Jeeps under license from Willys), and in Japan by Mitsubishi Motors and Toyota. The utilitarian good looks of the original Jeep have been hailed by industrial designers and museum curators alike. The Museum of Modern Art described the Jeep as a masterpiece of functionalist design, and has periodically exhibited the Jeep as part of its collection. Ernie Pyle called the Jeep, along with the Coleman G.I. Pocket Stove, "the two most important pieces of noncombat equipment ever developed." Jeeps became even more famous following the war, as they became available on the surplus market. Some ads claimed to offer "Jeeps still in the factory crate." This legend persisted for decades, despite the fact that Jeeps were never shipped from the factory in crates.
A large number of color and style choices: Jeep North Shore

Charity said...

When I saw the birds couldn't resist check out more pictures. The nice photos of the Jeep in the wild are good. Off-road riding is fun.
Jeep Suspension Lift Kits