Saturday 7 February 2009

Photography at Blashford

Sam and I thought we would devote a day to photography with the promise of nice weather by the met office.
Started off at ibsley meadows looking for the Bewick swans but with no luck. Did how ever see a green sandpiper, which is a year tick.
On to blashford where we stayed in the woodland hide for a while taking photos of siskin, lesser redpoll and all the other common things:
Siskin:Lesser Redpoll:We could find only one female brambling:We then went to the hide with 'all' the bitterns. The hide was very full and everyone was enjoying views of a bittern in the reeds right in front of the hide. Then another bittern was spotted in the reeds to the right hand side where is made a clump in the reeds and sat up on top as though roosting:

Great views of this bird and the first time I have seen one on the ground (almost).

After lunch we played around with the manual focus trying to get shots of birds flying around the feeders with some success, although I'm surprised there wasn't smoke coming from my camera:

Chaffinch:

Blue tit(shame about the nuthatch's bottom):And finally I couldn't go an entire post without a shot of a nuthatch(not just showing it's bottom):There is a greater selection of my photos from today on my flickr and they seem better quality. Link on the right hand side of my blog under 'links'.

Was a great day and we will definatly be returning soon.

Year list up to 126 now..

Dan

No comments: