Wednesday 17 December 2008

The lodge

Eddie and I thought we would try find what is fast becoming our bogy bird, and as one had been seen in the area we were quietly hopeful.
Well we were silly to be as we did not find what we wanted- waxwing!! I'm begining to think these birds don't exsist, is everyone making them up?
Our hearts were racing at one point as we heard one calling loudly from not too far away! fantastic call, perhaps they do exsist? Or was this someone with a tape player? hmmm, I'm not convinced.

Synchronising watches Eddie and I split up to try and find it..but we produced nothing and it didn't call again! Probably because it went to join the 10 seen just down the road at Biggleswade, which we didn't read about untill we got back home!! Ahhh the frustration, but it's just going to make it all the more exciting when we do finally see one! Hopefully it will be self-found but if they are reported I'm jumping straight in the car!!

Nice views of Kingfisher (never seen the Lodge one before) and some playful and rowdy great-spotted woodies:

Crap lighting prevented anything really nice, but I think I'l go back to see the Kingy in better weather as he/she was a showy little blighter!






No comments: