Friday 24 July 2009

Moths moths glorious moths!!

I recently bought a heath moth trap and have traped 3 nights in a row in my village back garden. I have been very happy with the results as it has been wet and windy on most nights. Here are the moths I am relatively happy with the ID on:

Common Rustic (a few of the morphs):Marbled Beauty:Marbled Beauty and Common Rustic:Silver Y moth:Straw Dot:Lesser Yellow Underwing:Dusky Sallow:Early Thorn (2nd generation):Cabbage Moth:Now for a few that I can't find an ID for so any help would be appreciated, you can click on the immages to view them large...

1. about 20mm long...2. About 40mm long very nice one...3. 30mm long...11 species so far not including the micros and a few of the ones that lie really flat, I will start to learn about them soon :-).

Off to the local nature reserve tonight hoping for something a little different.

No comments: